2015 La Garde 75CL
The origins of the Château date back to the 18th century, when Domaine de “Lagarde” already featured on the “carte de Cassini”, the first general map of France drawn by the Cassini family in 1756. Vines were cultivated on this magnificent stony terroir and the winery was built in 1881.
After the First World War, Louis Eschenauer, a well-known negociant on the Place de Bordeaux at the “Chartrons”, was looking for good quality vines in the Bordeaux area. He became interested in the vineyards around the summit of Domaine de La Garde, which he subsequently bought in 1920, and in so doing became the leading proponent of the wines produced in the Martillac area, where he also owned Château Smith Haut Lafitte.
Sometimes referred to as Domaine de La Garde, Clos de La Garde, then Château La Garde, even at this time a crest featured on the estate’s wine labels inspired by weapons thought to be from the region of Aquitaine during the 100 years’ war, displaying the leopard with a lion’s head.
We Also Recommend
2012 Lanessan 75CL
2009 Les Allees De Cantemerle 75CL
Thienot Brut NV 75CL
2015 Les Fiefs De Lagrange 75CL
2015 Carmes De Rieussec 75CL