WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
This qualification is an immersive experience that provides a broad coverage of important grape varieties of the world, the major wine-growing regions, and the styles and quality of wine they produce. Theory study and tasting practice with at least 45 wines will enhance learning over the 18 hours of class time across 3 days.
There is no prerequisite for attending the Level 2 Award in Wines. Prior knowledge of wine basics is recommended. Candidates must be of legal drinking age.
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
- How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking, and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties:
- Pinot Grigio/Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Pinot Noir
- The style and quality of wines:
- Made from 22 regionally important grape varieties
- Produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
- How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of:
- Sparkling wines
- Fortified wines
- Key labeling terms used to indicate origin, style, and quality
- Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
- Principles of food and wine pairing
- To gain the qualification students need to pass a multiple-choice paper of 50 questions.
Successful students will receive a certificate and WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines lapel pin. They will also be qualified to apply for the use of WSET's certified logo.
For more information and full details on the course requirements, please download the Specification.
The regular course rate is P45,000 inclusive of all course materials, wines, and food for tasting, test fees, certificate, and lapel pin. Early Bird Rate is P42,750 for enrollments one (1) month before the date of the class.
- Lecture: February 9, 10 & 11 Exam: February 24
- Lecture: May 3, 4 & 5 Exam: May 18
- Lecture: August 2, 3 & 4 Exam: August 17
- Lecture: November 8, 9 & 10 Exam: November 23
All classes will be held from 9:00AM to 4:00PM at the private Imperial Room of Wine Story Shangri-La Mall, Mandaluyong City. Examinations will be held at the Healthy Options Learning Academy in Libis, Quezon City.
* Schedule and venue are subject to change.
- Seats are secured upon payment.
- Wine with confidence! Safety protocols require students to be in good health.
- Participants are encouraged to take an antigen test within 24 hours before the event.
- Participants with flu-like symptoms will not be admitted despite testing negative.
We Also Recommend
Food & Wine Pairing
Wine Story Academy
Wine Story Academy
2015 Les Fiefs De Lagrange 75CL
2018 Pipeau 75CL
2014 Fonbel 75CL